Friday 28 October 2016

Week 6 - Roll Film Shoot

Practice Shoot: Roll Film

Through the culmination of reflecting from my last shoot; this week's reading I had done regarding architectural photography and acquiring my first ever film camera, I was inspired to go on a shoot which played around with standpoints and perspectives with architectural and landscape photography. I would still be looking for symmetrical structures and converging lines in my shoot too. I was inspired to do this shoot from one of the tips Shelley Little mentioned in this week's reading about approaching architectural subjects with a bugs-eye-view. I also wanted to stick to one location to concentrate my time walking around the building and finding the most unique and interesting viewpoint

Here is a plan for another practice shoot:

Aim: To capture photographs which play around with perspectives of symmetrical architectural structures of one building

Location(s): Brighton Pavillion

Equipment: Olympus OM-10 with 1:1.8, 50mm manual focus lens, Nikon D40X tripod

Timings: Midday-Late evening 

Cost: Film Roll of 36 exposures and film development

Notes: Make sure when you arrive at the location to scope all the possible angles by walking all the way around the building. Play around with your distance to the subject as well. Get high and low. Only use the film camera when necessary as you only have 36 shots with it. 

Shoot Reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment