Wednesday 19 October 2016

Week 5 - Project Development Notes [Planning Practice Shoots]*

Planning Practice Shoots

Symmetry Shoots in London

When reflecting back to the readings and photo shoots I had done so far regarding photography and my project's  theme of symmetry, I noticed that a majority of my photos and research had focused on the subject matter of architecture

From reading Adrian Schulz's guidebook on Architectural Photography, I thought it would be a good idea to start thinking of places that I knew with beautiful architecture and plan to go on a shoot there.

My lists of places of interest for my project theme on architectural symmetry are:
- Exterior Shots of Buildings in Canary Wharf
- Interior and Exterior Shoots of the London Underground Architecture
- Bridges across the River Thames


Planning 'London Underground' Shoot
[Show reports from London Underground from Pro Practice]

I was inspired to do a shoot in the London Underground because of the beautiful architectures within the stations all around central London, with the underground tunnels and escalators from photos I had seen on Instagram. 
Since the London Underground was now running 24hours over the weekends, I thought it would be best if I could carry out the shoots as late as possible so there would be minimal disturbances from the general public, giving complete focus to the architecture to my shots I aimed to capture.  

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/united-kingdom/england/london/galleries/The-London-Undergrounds-most-beautiful-stations/westminster/

http://metro.co.uk/2015/09/25/the-13-most-beautiful-tube-stations-on-the-london-underground-5404905/

INSPIRATIONAL PICTURES
ONLINE RESEARCH RESULTS
SHOOT OBJECTIVES & LOCATIONS



Planning 'Bridges on the River' Thames Shoot


Planning 'Canary Wharf' Shoot






No comments:

Post a Comment